Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eternal Focus: We have to stop putting off our life with Christ.

Do you ever say to yourself...next week I'll start obeying God or His Word...next week I'll stop doing this particular sin....next week I'll start trying to talk to my mom, who doesn't have a relationship with Christ... I don't know about y'all but I've found myself in that situation numerous times and I had 2 things heavily convict me today (specifically regarding witnessing and getting back on the wagon) and I thought I would write about it.

I read "My Utmost for His Highest" devotion daily.  Today's devotion got me thinking...why do I put things off...why not start NOW...in whatever situation I"m in...here's the part that got me....

You say, “Yes, Lord, just a minute— I still have this to do. Yes, I will abide as soon as this is finished, or as soon as this week is over. It will be all right, Lord. I will abide then.” Get moving— begin to abide now. In the initial stages it will be a continual effort to abide, but as you continue, it will become so much a part of your life that you will abide in Him without any conscious effort. Make the determination to abide in Jesus wherever you are now or wherever you may be placed in the future.

I find myself continually going through spurts...speaking to EVERYONE about Christ...then going back into my comfort zone and not doing so much..."Next week I'll buy more tracts"...."Next week I'll write an INCREDIBLE blog entry"...next week comes and goes....so then I read that devotional...and then next out of nowhere I get a text from a 2011 Senior Client of mine with the following verse:

"Above all, be strong and very courageous to carefully observe the whole instruction My servant Moses commanded you.  Do not turn from it to the right or the left, so that you will have success wherever you go. This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth;  you are to recite it day and night, so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do. Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous?  Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:7-9

And right then and there I got back on the wagon...I stopped making excuses that because I'm out of tracts I can't witness, or because I've written about witnessing 1,000 times I shouldn't do it again.  I need to meditate on His Laws...and teach others to do just that....and as I was going about my daily routines, paying bills or mailing out invoices I started writing http://www.needgod.com/ on the back of the envelopes. I do this often, but then again sometimes I talk myself out of it by saying my mail lady is probably sick of seeing this...or that same accounts payable chick probably thinks I'm a religious freak...but you know what I don't care...if that one website allows people to look at God's Law and use it as a mirror to see their own sin and repent and stop making excuses and living their life for Christ...then I've done my part as His Witness...and helped bring another sheep into the fold....and if no one comes to Christ through this action...then no harm done, at least I"m being obedient, and THAT...that's what it's all about.  Let's start obeying Christ...and letting His Spirit do the rest. 

You can witness anytime anywhere, you just have to be creative!  Use http://www.needgod.com/ whenever you have to hand write anything  credit card receipts, checks (in the memo), envelopes....possibilities are endless!
So I challenge you... start writing http://www.needgod.com/ on the back of your envelopes...think of how many hands it will pass through...and how curious people are to read your little hand written note...and let's face it that web address is pretty catchy and easy to remember....so starting today add that to your outgoing mail.



No comments:

Post a Comment